9 Facts about Teen Dating....
- Approximately one in five teens report being a victim of emotional abuse.
- Approximately one in five high school girls has been physically or sexually abused by a dating partner.
- Dating violence among their peers is reported by 54% of high school students.
- One in three teens reports knowing a friend or peer who has been physically hurt by his or her partner through violent actions which included hitting, punching, kicking, slapping, or choking.
- Eighty percent of teens believe verbal abuse is a serious issue for their age group.
- Nearly 80% of girls who have been victims of physical abuse in their dating relationships continue to date the abuser.
- Nearly 20% of teen girls who have been in a relationship said that their boyfriend had threatened violence or self-harm in the event of a break-up.
- Nearly 70% of young women who have been raped knew their rapist; the perpetrator was or had been a boyfriend, friend, or casual acquaintance.
- The majority of teen dating abuse occurs in the home of one of the partners.
News and Events
COMING SOON.... OCTOBER is...
The Women's Center of Montgomery County, PA